The Esterbrook Pen Company, a true American Original, is rewriting its long success story in modern times with a fresh new pen collection based on a complete rebranding. Titled Estie, a kind of nick name for Esterbrook, is a tribute to the brand and its storied history. Short for Esterbrook, ͞Estie͟ also provides a feeling of 1930s nostalgia, when phrases like dingy, dizzy, doggy and brodie were commonplace. A time when fountain pens were an integral part of life and communication for most Americans.
Esterbook began manufacturing nibs in the US in the mid 1800s, but the 1930s were a period of importance, as they introduced their first interchangeable nib system in 1933. The interchangeable nibs gave the user many options for writing, whether in school, business, personal etc. Today, a similar system is reborn with the Estie and the specially engineered MV Nib Adaptor. The MV adaptor delivers a vintage nib experience with a modern shape Esterbrook pen.
- Comfortably balanced fountain pen in a complete range of points for the way you write
- Nib size/point size extra fine, fine, medium and broad. 1.1 Stub now available in Rhodium trim. – Specially manufactured in Germany by Jowo
- Blended and turned acrylic with a high polished finish
- Cushion cap closure provides a secondary seal to ensure a wet point
- Ink is filled by a cartridge of ink or a converter, which acts like a syringe to draw ink from a bottle
- Sleek palladium clip that provides a clean accent for the cap and slides easily to ones shirt pocket
- Weight: 24g overall
- Measurements: 5.9″ closed, 5″ open, 6.7″ posted
- JoWo #6 nib
Esterbrook Price List HERE